Sunday, March 2, 2008

Transition continued....


Helleborus x 'Ivory Prince'



This is a watercolor of the sketch in my previous post. It is a portrait of my Helleborus x 'Ivory Prince' in the bud stage.

I am happy with it. How appropriate that on my last day of my winter painting marathon I produce something that incorporates all I learned this winter and is worth framing.

Before I finished the final details, Finn & I hiked up the Rich mountain carriage road which is part of the Moses Cone Manor Estate. We have had a cold spell for a while, but today was definitely a get out there and enjoy it kind of day.
We were so excited about getting out and playing, I realized I forgot my sketchbook. There was still some snow in spots, but we walked for several miles of trail. Finn growled and barked at a snowman someone left in the meadow. It had a cute little cow pie hat.

I carried my camera, but enjoyed the walking so much I took no photographs.
Finn deserved some serious stick play after my very quiet and serious winter.
He was in heaven. We spent his whole puppy hood hiking.

We go back into the gardens Monday. I am ready to roll, but I doubt the weather will stabilize in any reasonable manor during the transitional Ides of March. It's a very changeable season.

I open my spirit to positive changes that certainly lie ahead.



No comments: